Hi,

Am Montag, den 17.03.2008, 14:05 -0500 schrieb Mark A Jenks:
> SUCCESS!
>
> Built 2.6.24-3 and installed it.  Recompiled CVS, and installed it.
>
> Now it doesn't hang when it finds a signal.
>
> -Mark

Steve, the noise was not without reason.

You might see, that all your drivers within and out of the kernel have
been broken. Not to make any noise then, seems to me not a good idea.

Also, on LKML was some stuff, that there is a general problem
initializing PCI devices multiple times and eventually have problems on
shutdown/suspend then. But to late for the recent -rc.

So, as it stands, given that we are not that backward compatible as have
been previously anymore, to know that this change to 2.6.24 did anything
usefull, what I doubt, would be not bad to have in details.

Cheers,
Hermann