On Fri, Apr 09, 2004 at 10:54:04AM +0300, Shachar Shemesh wrote:

> 1. I know, I write perl like a C programmer, I can't help it. Feel free
> to show me how it's done.

Not a perl guru by any stretch of the imagination, but behold my
google foo!

#!/usr/bin/perl

@ARGV = qw(.) unless @ARGV;
use File::Find;
find sub { print $File::Find::name, -d && '/', "\n" }, @ARGV;

(copied straight out of
http://iis1.cps.unizar.es/Oreilly/perl/cookbook/ch09_08.htm. You were
working at the wrong level of abstraction.)

> 2. For some strange reason, the moment I recurse once, the entire loop
> structure exits. I suspect it's because the DIR handle is global. Will
> any perl guru comment on how it's supposed to be done?

No idea, but something looks funky about the usage of DIR indeed.

> 3. What the @$([EMAIL PROTECTED] is the difference between "my" and "local"? Which
> one should I use here?

http://prometheus.frii.com/~gnat/yapc/2000-stages/slide21.html

Cheers,