> I have absolutely no knowledge about the Arduino, but I've seen clones
> advertised on e-bay for less than $2 - link below.
>
> Can anyone tell me if this as actually a working solution and if the
> low price is actually possible?
>

> http://www.ebay.com/itm/1PCS-Pro-Mini-atmega328-5V-16M-Replace-ATmega128-Arduino-Compatible-Nano-/152160908037?hash=item236d7f3305:g:MMcAAOSw2GlXLD~U

Arduino is probably the easiest / cheapest way to access analog sensors.
While quality of these do vary, I have had good experience with these very
cheap units. Note that you need to program these devices via a USB cable
and an FTDI programmer (you can also find one on ebay for a few dollars). I
would recommend for someone new to Arduino that you get an Arduino uno /
sparkfun redboard (or a chinese clone of one of these) - they have the
programmer built into the board (so you just plug it via USB to your
computer). They also have headers soldered onto the board already, so you
can connect sensors, LEDs, etc without soldering, which is good for getting
started.

Jason

> --
> Shlomo Solomon
> http://the-solomons.net
> Sent by Claws Mail 3.11.1 - KDE 4.14.5 - LINUX Mageia 5

Jason Friedman, PhD
Senior Lecturer
Department of Physical Therapy
Tel Aviv University