Hello,

I didn't plan to contact Israeli organizations for the next LPD event but
Google has pointed out to me that you have already noticed.

Now the interesting question is whether you are just following the US
conversation about it or whether anyone is really interested in organizing an
event in Israel. If so then let me know and we might have a more direct
communication in the future...

I cannot assess the chances but there might be an effect which would make
starting this event in Israel easier than anywhere else. The LPD itself causes
very little costs but as long as you are ignored by the (nationwide) media it
should help a lot to have some money for advertising (which should also
generate media attention for future events).

I assume that the German embassy in Israel (in contrast to those elsewhere)
has a budget for supporting German activities which make a good impression.
Probably none of the LPD visitors abroad notices or cares that the LPD was
started in and is organized from Germany but if I ask the German state
departement and you ask the German embassy for some financial support, who
knows what happens... Maybe they would help in other ways, too (media
contacts).

Best regards

(Mr.) Hauke Laging
--
http://www.linux-presentation-day.org/

International phone contact for the Linux Presentation Day:
     tel:+49-30-55579620 (13:00–23:00, German and English)

XMPP (Chat with OTR): linux-presentation-...@jabber.ccc.de
   OTR: 91626899 1C06F2BD 75EC2441 35C696CE 38F75997