For lighting you have DMX, X10 and zigbee as last mile protocols,
artnet and ACN as open ethernet protocols, all of which can be
controlled using the openlightingarchitecture.

Note that controlling every aspect of your house requires a very large
amount of wires, controllers etc. using control protocols that have a
multi-drop bus layout will reduce the wiring a bit but in the end they
still have a limit on the amount of devices connected to the bus and
by distributing the 'smartness' you also end up making troubleshooting
a lot harder.