The Linux GFX project grew out the need for a higher performance X
server that has a much faster developement cycle. In the last few years
the graphics card and multimedia environments have grow at such a rate
the current X solutions can no longer keep pace nor do they focus on
producing high performance X servers specifically for linux. Also the
community has demanded for specific functionality which has never come to
light.
    This project looks to start from scratch to develope a new X
enviroment that addresses these issues. I posted here because we will
addressing several issues about hardware management between the kernel
and the X window enevironment. Of course the X enrvironment is extremly
broad so this will require skills from several areas as well as many
programmers. So we welcome anyone how would like to see a alternative to
the current X implemenation. If you like to subscribe to our mailing
list just follow the link below. Thank you.