I am use dosemu 1.4 under Xandros Professional 4.0 Desktop.

Until recently I have been using a HP LaserJet printer and have had no difficulty printing from DOS programs under Dosemu to the printer.

The .dosemurc~ (located in home directory) reads:

$_hdimage = "/disks/D/dos" $_printer_command = "lpr -l" $_printer = "HPLJ3055" $_layout="uk"
$_X_keycode=(off)
$_X_font="vga12x30"
$_hogthreshold="1"
$_xms="16834"
$_xms="16834"
$_X_title="Dosemu (as user)"

I have now changed to a Lexmark C530dn (which I understand is a pcl and
postscript printer). I changed in the .dosemurc~ file only
the $_printer = "HPLJ3055" line to $_printer = "lexmarkc530dn" (ie the name I
called the printer in Linux), and used the right printer driver in the dos programs (WordPerfect
5.1/6.2) but nothing has printed.

I ran dosemu from console and on printing the following message was printed:

"lpr: error - unable to print file: client-error-document-format-not-supported"

I do not know how to fix this problem. Help with this would be greatly
appreciated.

Victor Warner.