On Fri, 2017-05-05 at 19:19 +0200, Borislav Petkov wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 26, 2017 at 03:37:44PM -0700, Ricardo Neri wrote:
> > I need a human-readable way of identifying what segment selector (in
> > pt_regs, vm86regs or directly reading the segment registers) to use.
> > Since there is a segment override prefix for all of them, I thought I
> > could use them.
>
> Yes, you should...
>
> > Perhaps I can rename enum segment to enum segment_selector and comment
> > that the values in the enum are those of the override prefixes. Would
> > that be reasonable?
>
> ... but you should call them what they are: "enum seg_override_pfxs" or
> "enum seg_ovr_pfx" or...
>
> Or somesuch. I suck at naming stuff.

In my v7, I simply named my enumeration enum segment_register, which is
what they are. Some of its entries happen to have the value of the
segment override prefixes but also have special entries as SEG_REG_INVAL
when for errors and SEG_REG_IGNORE for long mode [1].

Thanks and BR,
Ricardo

[1]. https://lkml.org/lkml/2017/5/5/405