* Ryan <ryanphilip...@googlemail.com> [151209 09:03]:
> Hello,
>
> On a custom 4460 board. The x-loader hangs at some place when we
> reboot. This happens occasionally on an android port by linaro.
>
> I just want to find out how to debug in this case. How can i get to
> know where the hang takes place. After boot rom, i can see the mmc clk
> toggling
> indicating that xloader is in sram when the hang takes place and not
> sure where the hang is.
>
> Do i need Lauterbach to debug - Is it possible to connect the emulator
> across reboot. If so, how? or is there any other way i can debug this
>
> Also, i want to check - If i can turn off the dplls? If so, how?
>
> I tried to do a disable on all the clocks in the clock list using
> clk_disable call just before reboot and that does not seem to help.

You can add selected serial print statements very early into u-boot
MLO (and probably x-loader). You need to keep them down to minimum
so the image still fits into SRAM. If you enable debug, then that also
needs to be limited to selected files only as enabling debug for the
whole MLO/x-loader in the Makefile will make it too big.

Regards,

Tony