* Pali Rohár <pali.ro...@gmail.com> [160102 06:14]:
> Hello,
>
> now I'm looking at differences between legacy board code and DTS file
> for Nokia N900 and I see some inconsistency for twl4030-power driver.
>
> In board code are defined more twl4030 power scripts which override
> defaults defined in twl4030-power code. See:
>
> https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/tree/arch/arm/mach-omap2/board-rx51-peripherals.c#n790

> scripts, see:
>
> https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/tree/arch/arm/boot/dts/omap3-n900.dts#n416
>
> And the last in DTS file is defined line:
>
> compatible = "ti,twl4030-power-n900"
>
> which is not in twl4030-power driver itself, see:
>
> https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/tree/drivers/mfd/twl4030-power.c#n851
>
> So all this stuff looks like some errors when board code was ported to
> DTS. Tony, can you look at this at all?

AFAIK it should work fine with the generic "ti,twl4030-power-idle-osc-off".
This means reboot works and regulators are cut off during off mode.

The n900 specific code was based on something before the TI generic values
were available I think. And the last time I looked at it I came to the
conclusion the n900 specific code is no better.

Or did I miss something? Are you seeing some issues with PM with dts based
code?

We can certainly add it to twl4030-power if it provides something that
the "ti,twl4030-power-idle-osc-off" does not.

Regards,

Tony