On Wed, Feb 06, 2008 at 08:24:37AM -0600, Moshe Yudkowsky wrote:
> I read through the document, and I've signed up for a Wiki account so I
> can edit it.
>
> One of the things I wanted to do was correct the title. I see that there
> are *three* different Wiki pages about how to build a system that boots
> from RAID. None of them are complete yet.
>
> So, what is the purpose of this page? I think the purpose is "a complete
> description of how to use RAID to build a system that not only boots
> from RAID but is robust against other hazards such as file system
> corruption."

You are right about that there are more than one wiki page addressing
very related issues. I also considered whether there was a need for the
new page, and discussed it with David.

And yes, my idea was to make a howto on building a system that can
survive a disk crash. A simple system that can also work for a
workstation. In fact the main audience is possibly here.

so my focus is: survive a failing disk, and keep it simple.

Best regards
Keld