Hi

I am trying to get some order to linux raid info.

I think we should have a faq and a howto for the linux-raid list.

The list description at
http://vger.kernel.org/vger-lists.html#linux-raid
does list af FAQ, http://www.linuxdoc.org/FAQ/
I cannot read it just now - the server
www.linuxdoc.org does not respond.
I then tried the google archive - which had no info, and then the
internet archive, which for the latest entry on this had some notes on
Debian and GFDL - quite irrelevant.

there are other FAQs that claim to be the FAQ for
linux-raid. One is http://www.faqs.org/contrib/linux-raid/
which is quite extensive, but from 2003 (about 5 years old).

So our FAQ info is pretty out of date. I think it would be nice to have
a wiki like we have for the Howto. This would mean that we have much
better means to let new people make their mark, and avoid the problem
that we have today with really outdated info.

So can we put up a wiki somewhere for this, or should we just extend the
wiki howto pages to also include a faq section?

For the howto, I have asked the VGER people to add info to our list
description, that we have a wiki howto at http://linux-raid.osdl.org/

I believe that this is the fact, that this howto is our official howto.
I have added a remark in the top of the text hinting that this wiki
howto is the official howto of the linux-raid list, tho I did not  state
it as such.

Hope this gives some clarity of the situation.

best regards
keld