Keld Jørn Simonsen wrote:
> I am trying to get some order to linux raid info.
Help appreciated :)

> The list description at
> http://vger.kernel.org/vger-lists.html#linux-raid
> does list af FAQ, http://www.linuxdoc.org/FAQ/
Yes, that should be amended. Drop them a line about the FAQ too

> So our FAQ info is pretty out of date. I think it would be nice to have
> a wiki like we have for the Howto. This would mean that we have much
> better means to let new people make their mark, and avoid the problem
> that we have today with really outdated info.

There seems to be no point in having separate wikis for the FAQ and HOWTO
elements of documentation. Especially since a lot of FAQs are "How do I"... by
definition the answer is a HOWTO.

> So can we put up a wiki somewhere for this, or should we just extend the
> wiki howto pages to also include a faq section?
So just extend the existing wiki.

> For the howto, I have asked the VGER people to add info to our list
> description, that we have a wiki howto at http://linux-raid.osdl.org/
ta.

I set the wiki up at osdl to ensure that if a bus hit me then Neil or others
would have a rational and responsive organisation to go to to change ownership.

I've been writing to some of the other FAQ/Doc organisations sporadically for
over a year now and had no response from any of them. It's a very poor aspect of
OSS...

David