On Sat 19 Jun 2010 12:27:11 NZST +1200, Andrew Sands wrote:

> I need to know what I installed on the family 9.10 before upgrading to
> 10.04 LTS. Otherwise the signal-to-noise ratio will be real bad in my ear
> for the next week if I miss something out.

Well can't you just get the list of installed packages? Save that
someplace. If you installed anything outside of your package manager
(and then don't remember what it was) you deserve all the noise you're
going to get.

IIRC the command was dpkg -l

It is probably not a good idea to just feed this list into the package
installer of the new version, because some packages may have changed
name, some may have been superseeded, so thinking is still needed.

Volker

--
Volker Kuhlmann
http://volker.dnsalias.net/     Please do not CC list postings to me.