Hello everyone,

I've got a 1GB flash drive on which I have placed the Ubuntu Desktop
10.04 cd and made bootable (using the windows program 'UltraISO' which
let me copy an iso directly to the flash drive and made it work).

This flash drive boots fine into Ubuntu desktop just like the cd.

However, I'd now like changes I make while booted from this flash drive
to be kept on the flash drive. Like when I use it to boot my wife's
laptop - so she can't accuse me of meddling with her windows setup ;-)
she doesn't like change - anyway, it needs to download 3rd party drivers
for the wireless card but these are then lost on reboot. So is browsing
history and updates, etc.

Does anyone know if it is possible to change some settings, etc to make
the livecd flash drive updatable in this way?
Or should I really be doing an Ubuntu installation with the flash drive
as the target for the installation instead? (would this still let me
boot any pc with it?).

Thanks for ideas or suggestions.
Bryce Stenberg.

DISCLAIMER: If you have received this email in error, please notify us
immediately by reply email, facsimile or collect telephone call to +64 3
9641200 and destroy the original.  Please refer to full DISCLAIMER at
http://www.hrnz.co.nz/eDisclaimer.htm