We began with the free web download of SuSE for S/390,
and it worked quite well until we got into running our product
certification suite, where we found some tests had problems.
Contacting SuSE, we obtained a copy of their latest update
and now the certification tests are passed OK:

http://edocs.bea.com/wls/platforms/linux390/index.html

We now require our customers to have a support contract
with SuSE.   After all, would you run OS/390 or z/OS
without availability of PTF's?  I think not.  Even if IBM gave
away OS/390 and z/OS, you would want a support contract
to get the PTF's, I believe, if you wanted stability in your shop.

I am sure the fixes developed by SuSE will go into the general
Linux distribution in due course (that is NOT under SuSE's
control - they make them available early to their support
contract customers as a service).  The process of getting
fixes approved and into the general distribution is quite
lengthy, and not under any vendor's control.

Regards,
Jim
[EMAIL PROTECTED]