I have installed SuSE linux on an S/390 partition.  We now want to begin
using a faster OSA ethernet card.  When installing SuSE in the partition, we
needed to reply with OSA device address and port number right after the
kernel startup.  Is it possible to change the device address and port number
without reinstalling Linux?

Is it possible to do an insmod with devno_portno_pairs= as a parameter with
the correct device number and port number?  How can it be backed off if the
new device is not recognized?

Ila Z. Miller
Information Systems
University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Phone:  319.356.0067
FAX: 319.356.3521

                Notice: This e-mail (including attachments) is covered by
the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. 2510-2521, is
confidential and may be legally privileged.  If you are not the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any retention, dissemination,
Please reply to the sender that you have received the message in error, then
delete it.  Thank you.