Jay,

See <http://cyber.law.harvard.edu/icann>,
<http://cyber.law.harvard.edu/rcs>, <http://cyber.law.harvard.edu/ifwp>,
<http://cyber.law.harvard.edu/icann/whois>.

Webcasts of meetings, open MAC sessions, open research (remember our
January meeting?), remote participation architectures, and a comprehensive,
free primary source archive of that which has come from both IFWP and
ICANN--openness isn't something the Berkman Center has come to only lately,
and the extent of our institutional participation and labor has been all
about building and refining architectures for openness.  And civil
exchange.  For my part, I don't think I'm acting "conciliatory" after
coming around from an opposite view.  I'm simply trying to engage on the
list respectfully, after a long period of not participating at all because
of the tired, personal nature of so many of the exchanges.  ...JZ

At 02:16 PM 7/11/99 , Jay Fenello wrote:

>Well, isn't this just grand.
>
>After 9 months of complaints by many members of this
>list, and many members of the Internet community in
>general, it now seems that *everyone* agrees with us.
>
>Oh, how comforting.
>
>Too bad that neither the Commerce Department, nor
>the Berkman Center, nor ICANN itself ever seemed to
>care about sunshine and openness before.
>
>Frankly, I'm tired of this game of brinksmanship.
>These conciliatory moves are simply too little, too
>late.
>
>Fool me once . . .
>
>Respectfully,
>
>Jay Fenello
>President, Iperdome, Inc.    404-943-0524
>What's your .per(sm)?   http://www.iperdome.com

Jon Zittrain
Executive Director, Berkman Center for Internet & Society at Harvard Law School
http://cyber.law.harvard.edu