Hi Muhammad,

I can't really comment on Flex but the little I've seen showed me that both
technologies were/are moving in similar directions, which you'd expect as
they have a similar problem to solve.
I can say though, that learning XAML is not a waste given that WPF also uses
it. Anything you can do in XAML can be done in code but usually there's
fewer lines of XAML to do the same thing. I love working with Silverlight
and if it's easy to use and nice to code then people are more likely to use
it, meaning over time it will increase market share.
I think the biggest thing going for Silverlight is you can use your .Net
skills. There's 4 million+ .Net developers out there apparently so that's a
lot of people who already know enough to pick it up run with it.

cheers,
Stephen