Just on the success of SL in the RIA space...

The hard sell is going to be to the designers... they are in many ways married
to Adobe PS, but this doesn't they have to stay married to Flash/Flex. They key
is, they don't have to stop using PS to do their designs - showing them how
easy it is to go from PS / IL to Expression Design/Blend is the goal. Also,
showing designers just how many great C# developers are out there to take away
their ActionScript/Flex pain so they can concentrate on designs and not program
implementation will help attract more designers. I'd put money on there being
more  C# developers out there than Action Script developers - and that on
average the C# developer has more experience (i.e. they are *better* :)).

We are starting a new user group called the Silverlight Designer and Developer
Network in Melbourne (first meeting Nov 27th - a formal announcement coming
soon) especially to help bridge this gap...

My observation is that traditionally designers don't have a lot of
SIG/community stuff they attend regularly - hopefully the SDDN can buck that
trend.

Each meeting will have content for designers and content for developers -
including lots of content on bridging the gap between the two camps. Bringing
designers and developers together regularly creating dialog is the first step
to making Silverlight a great success.

All sessions recorded and available for free on the site after the meet!

As I said there will be a formal announcement very soon so stay posted.

Jordan.