I agree that the big number of C# developers will favour SL adoption as the
main RIA platform, but remember than that's only one of many languages
supported by .NET and thus Silverlight, being VB de most used, but I don’t like
it, so let's not talk about it. The DLR will be a huge bump for .NET adoption
from other developers, specially from the Ruby and Python communities. For
them, SL is a great opportunity to offer a richer experience than AJAX (we're
still not there), coding in their own languages and easily sharing business
logic, validations, data, etc. I remember a talk at TechED, I don’t remember
the name of the guy, but he was talking about IronPython and told us
(paraphrasing), you’re not the target of these (or the other DRL languages), if
you’re happy coding on C#, MS will be happy, but our real target is the Python
community.

So as a Python, Ruby or even JavaScript developer, what would you choose as a
RIA platform having the DLR?

Tooling and integration, and even the languages are not totally there yet, but
I was recently looking at a project called Silverline
<http://github.com/jschementi/silverline/tree/2642bc5b3709565a4037a8d38e7f97b185bbd505>
 , part of the IronRuby-Contrib project, that will help as a bridge for Rails
Devs to SL. Sounds really compelling.

Silverline also lets you run pieces of your Rails application on the client,

removing the need to write a separate JavaScript or Flash application simply

to move functionality to the client. This is accomplished by flagging certain

actions as "client", and running the necessary pieces of your Rails appliation

and Rails itself on IronRuby in the browser.

 Miguel A. Madero Reyes

 www.miguelmadero.com (blog)

 [EMAIL PROTECTED]

 (871)730-8319

 (871)763-0020

 Peten #509

 Fracc Florida Blanca, 27260

 Torreón, Coahuila

 "Please reconsider your environmental responsibility before printing this
e-mail"

It is intended solely for the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient,
any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be
taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful.