I hope you will not treat this as an advertisement.

Take a look at this example from the Telerik QuickStart Application.
http://demos.telerik.com/silverlight/#Examples/DragAndDrop/FirstLook

It is using the Telerik Drag/Drop framework that do exactly what you need,
but with listboxes. Modifying the sample a little bit will do the job for a
DataGrid.

Regards,
Valentin Stoychev
Telerik