From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Miguel Madero
Sent: Friday, October 31, 2008 4:44 PM
To: listserver@ozSilverlight.com
Subject: RE: [OzSilverlight] SL Combobox SelectedItem ?

Make sure that the object is already in the ItemsSource. The combo can only
select items that are part of the collection they're bound to.

ddl.DataContext = MyCollection;                              // or
dll.ItemsSource

ddl.SelectedItem = new MyClass();                         // Won't work
because MyClass is not part of the collection

ddl.SelectedItem = MyCollection[0];                       // J

The order is also important so this won't work either.

ddl.SelectedItem = MyCollection[0];                       // J

ddl.DataContext = MyCollection;                              // or
dll.ItemsSource

Similarly in XAML if you're databinding the properties

<Combo               SelectedItem={Binding SomeProperty}

                                DataContext={Binding SomeCollection}/>

This won't work because it will try to get the SelectedItem first and then
bind the items, just as in the previous C# example

This will do the trick

<Combo               DataContext={Binding SomeCollection}

SelectedItem={Binding SomeProperty} />

 Miguel A. Madero Reyes

  <http://www.miguelmadero.com/> www.miguelmadero.com (blog)
  <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 +61 (0) 406-704-161

 623/243 Pyrmont Street
 Pyrmont, NSW, 2009

 Australia

P "Please reconsider your environmental responsibility before printing this
e-mail"

The information in this e-mail is confidential and may be legally
privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. If you are not the
unlawful.