From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Barry Beattie
Sent: Monday, 3 November 2008 2:47 PM
To: listserver@ozsilverlight.com
Subject: Re: [OT][RE: [OzSilverlight] Can you all do me a massive favour? :)

> I find it somewhat amusing that the questionnaire is written in jsp

c'mon cut Scott some slack... **

he's probably wanting to get the questionnaire happening in the
shortest amount of time / grab whatever is on hand, do the job and
move on.

over in the Adobe space, everytime they roll out something similar
written in PHP you should hear the howls of derision from the
ColdFusion camp. The knives get drawn every time. Meh, I'm over it -
whatever does the work.

in fact it still surprises me that PHP wins hands down for pulling
something off the shelf to tart up and push out: Joomla, SugarCRM,
Wordpress and Drupal, MediaWiki, phpBB even the ancient PHP-Nuke. Sure
there's alternatives for other platforms but they're just not as well
progressed... (I'm still trying to find a good full featured ASP.NET
wiki and CMS...)

there's a lesson to be learnt there somewhere...

** (yeah, I know you're only having a friendly dig. if he didn't give
you the ammo...)