From: Danny Dev <dannydev...@yahoo.com>
To: Mike Schilli <m...@perlmeister.com>
Cc: "log4perl-devel@lists.sourceforge.net"
<log4perl-devel@lists.sourceforge.net>
Sent: Wednesday, December 7, 2011 9:19 AM
Subject: Re: [log4perl-devel] log4perl buffering with semi persistent  scripts

>You didn't mention the email appender that you are using, specific
>solutions would require looking into the appender's documentation and
>figure out if it provides a method to flush buffered/pending messages.

>If that's available, then I'd recommend encapsulating request handling
>into a function scope and run a flush() at the end.

thanks for the reply,

I'm using Log::Dispatch::Email::MailSend which doesn't implement its own flush
method. I took at look at all of the available Email appenders and none of them
do, it's only in the base class but actually the base class method appears to
do the job.
I'm not clear on how I call that directly however since I can't  call it
against the object returned by get_logger and I have to pass it the correct
object if  I call it directly

Log::Dispatch::Email::flush(???)

cheers