On Mon, 2002-07-01 at 17:41, Steen Jansdal wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The Danish Minister of Education are
> starting to talk about giving computers
> to all the pupils at 3. and 4. grades
> in the country.
>
> I can already see this end in a virus-,
> reinstall- and piracy-disaster if the
> pupils are going to administer their
> Windows machine themselves.
>
> Of cause we can all agree that they
> should use LTSP :-)

I will answer two of these questions

> Does a product exist that enables a
> teacher to see what's going on on a
> pupils screen?

Yes, there is a program called Xrfbviewer and X0rfbserver
which allows you to watch the students screen without
the student being aware that he/she is being watched.

> Does a product exist that enables a
> teacher to broadcast his screen to
> all the pupils?

Yes, the teacher runs x0rfbserver on his computer and the students
log into his computer using xrfbviewer

I have been using this for the last few weeks and it works very well!!