On Thursday 30 August 2007 20:02:55 Poul Møller wrote:
> I'm upgrading (rather re-installing) LTSP 4.2 on a fresh Fedora 7 server,
> but I'm having a very annoying TFTP Timeout problem on all my clients (Both
> PXE and Etherboot clients)
>
> My setup is quite standard:
>
> eth0 (192.168.1.x) for internet access
> eth1 (10.0.0.x) for LTSP clients
>
> In the past (Fedora Core 2) eth0 and eth1 were in the reverse order, but
> since I simply installed from scratch I would not expect any problem having
> different names.
>
> My DHCP (supports -s  /tftpboot) server correctly assigns IP addresses to
> clients, but when the TFTP clients requires the
> /lts/vmlinuz-2.6.16.1-ltsp-2(etherboot clients in this case) I always
> have the timeout. Each and every
> client have this problem.
>
> This is what I have tried:
>
>    - Disabled any firewall
>    - Enabled IPv4 forwarding
>    - Enabled TFTPD logging (nothing is logged however)
>    - If I boot a Windows or a Linux PC client, DHCP assigns IPs (10.0.0.x)
>    correctly and I can manually perform any request (ssh/ftp/tftp/ping...)
>    against the TFTP/LTSP server.
>
> At this point I'm stuck. Appreciate any hints.

I have exactly the same problem with my LTSP5 configuration. Some PXE clients
get IP address from the dhcp server but fail/time out in TFTP stage. But some
PXE clients are just fine with the same configuration.

One work around is to boot the client using etherboot floppy/CD.
http://linux2.arinet.org
10:06:20 up 2:31, 2.6.20-16-generic GNU/Linux