Hi,

I'm quite new to lustre, studying all the documentation. A question I have not found an answer to so far:

If the user data gets spread out in chunks to a number of OSTs, and one of the OSTs fails completely - say, all the disks on the fileserver behind that OST are gone for good - how does the cluster recover from that?

It can't be a backup replay from tape or keeping all fileservers as HA pairs, right? Is lustre doing some kind of RAID accross the OSTs? And where can I find some documentation on that?

Thanks,
Thomas