Hi John

I have found the same problem. My pinky and ring finger wish to act as a unit.
I finally gave up thumb under on R lute because of this and use a very light
touch with pinky on B lute.
And often lift lt to get to 12 and 13 courses.I notice some very good layers
often do the same. I’d be interested in other’s comments as well.

Dick