Hi Bruno

No problems on my archlute's 6th and 7th. CDs and NNG octaves.

Arto

On 28/02/17 19:56, Bruno Cognyl-Fournier wrote:
   Dear Collective wisdom,
   I have been tuning my 5 and 6th course in octaves for years, with wound
   strings and gut or nylgut.
   recently I bought the CD loaded strings from Mimmo and am slowly
   getting used to them. I have thus replaced the fundamental with CD
   loaded, while keeping my octave strings in gut or nylgut, this on two
   different lutes.
   I have noticed that the octaves are horribly out of tune as I go up the
   neck, especially by the time you get to the 7th fret.   I realize I
   rarely have to play up there, but it bothers me.   Am trying to figure
   out what the problem is.. would it be a mismatch of tension? or would
   it be the Loaded CD strings, that as some of you have probably found to
   be very elastic.   I have never had this issue with wound string/gut
   combinations.
   I will be testing each string individually to check which one goes out
   of tune as you move up the scale, but I suspect it is the Loaded string
   that is giving me the problem.
   any comments?
   Bruno