So, as I did 23 years ago I took my old attiorbato and tuned it as a Tiorbino
(that's an octave theorbo by the way). You have not lived till you've heard De
Vissee on a solo Tiorbino. This very spiffy instrument can be used wherever a
solo theorbo is used and it has the added advantage of extreme portability.
I've been sitting here in the back seat of my Mustang playing theorbo music
during work breaks. A Tiorbino sounds very distinctive in the lute world. It
sounds very much like a small harp. Please do thyself a favor and try putting
Tiorbino strings on thy attiorbato.
---Sterling

Sent from my iPad