Am Montag, 06. März 2017 12:32 CET, Ron Andrico <praelu...@hotmail.com>
schrieb:

>    While Wikipedia is untrustworthy in most respects, in this case it may
>    be correct.  While ornaments appear liberally in manuscript sources,
>    and there are various indications for right-hand fingering and
>    left-hand holds in earlier typeset prints of lute music, Vallet's
>    tablatures were engraved in copper, a very costly procedure that
>    probably contributed to his personal financial ruin.  But this was the
>    only means of adding the extraordinarily detailed slurs, fingerings and
>    ornament signs to his printed tablatures.  Since the statement
>    attributed to Herr Neumann is qualified with "may have been", there is
>    no reason to doubt the claim.

But that wikipedia quote doesn't speak about _printed_ tablatures, and for
tablature in general that statement is simply absurd.

BTW (and probably off topic) - I often heaed that statement about copperplate
engraving beeing so expensive. What actual evidence do we have? Lower possible
volume might be one factor (but where lute prints ever high-volume
merchandise?).

Cheers, Ralf Mattes