From: lute-...@cs.dartmouth.edu [mailto:lute-...@cs.dartmouth.edu] On Behalf Of
Sean Smith
Sent: Tuesday, April 25, 2017 9:20 AM
To: lute list
Subject: [LUTE] Re: Source for Guedron, "Aux Plaisirs".

Interesting to see this play out again. I was in exactly the same situation 2
years ago, scratching my head over this same piece of music that I thought I
had prepared for. Any others out there?

Ron, I agree, learning about sources is every bit as important as technique,
instruments and aesthetics. Over the last 20 years I've put zillions of files
together for concerts, organization or study. Many of them might be useful for
others but to put them up blindly (or even the necessary information) would be
madness. While once or twice useful, eventually there's the probability I'd be
guilty of the same misinformation as our 19th/20th century forbearers. For
every Howard M. Brown, Colin Slim and A. Ness there are a dozen Flaxlands,
Durands and me's.

The beauty of the net is that there's no editor. The tragic downfall of the net
is that there's no editor.

Sean