Hi, folks—

I’ve been asked to play in a performance of Bach’s TrauerOde (BWV 198)
which calls for 2 lutes as well as several viola da gambas. Lovely, moving
piece.

Does anyone out there have a recommendation for a good edition? Or a set of
parts for the lute(s)?

Based on what I’ve received so far from the presenter for other pieces on the
program, I’m not anticipating him sending me a lute-friendly BC part. I
don’t need an intabulation, but it would be great to find a part that
respects what the lute can do and doesn’t have an anachronistic keyboard
realization stuck above the bass line.

I’m anticipating that the gamba parts may be on cello and that there may not
be another luter for the performance, so I expect to use a theorbo for color
and volume.

Suggestions/recommendations welcome.

Thanks in advance.

jeff