   From: "jjnoo...@sbcglobal.net" <jjnoo...@sbcglobal.net>
   To: "lute@cs.dartmouth.edu" <lute@cs.dartmouth.edu>
   Sent: Wednesday, 12 July 2017, 20:29
   Subject: [LUTE] BC parts for Bach
   Hi, folksâ
   I've been asked to play in a performance of Bach's TrauerOde (BWV 198)
   which calls for 2 lutes as well as several viola da gambas. Lovely,
   moving piece.
   Does anyone out there have a recommendation for a good edition? Or a
   set of parts for the lute(s)?
   Based on what I've received so far from the presenter for other pieces
   on the program, I'm not anticipating him sending me a lute-friendly BC
   part. I don't need an intabulation, but it would be great to find a
   part that respects what the lute can do and doesn't have an
   anachronistic keyboard realization stuck above the bass line.
   I'm anticipating that the gamba parts may be on cello and that there
   may not be another luter for the performance, so I expect to use a
   theorbo for color and volume.
   Suggestions/recommendations welcome.
   Thanks in advance.
   jeff