Hi,

I've patched lxlauncher so that the background color can be changed in
the /etc/xdg/lxlauncher/settings.conf file. I also made the size of
the icons on the notebook tabs adjustable and fixed a warning thrown
when lxlauncher is run without a gtkrc file (lxlauncher looks much
nicer and integrates with your desktop better without an explicit
gtkrc file).

I am not a C programmer, but seeing as
1) Many people on many boards have wanted the background color feature
2) The changes are minimal
I tried it out as a first time project.

Not being familiar with the "standard process" for releasing this,
I've gone with what I do know for the time being which is to package
it for Ubuntu and release it on my PPA on Launchpad:
https://launchpad.net/~chris-harrington-jp/+archive/ppa-awaos
The tarball without debian package info can be downloaded from
https://launchpad.net/~chris-harrington-jp/+archive/ppa-awaos/+files/lxlauncher_0.2.2.orig.tar.gz
Note that I haven't actually compiled this tarball, only the patched
version that includes debian info, which I've installed and have
running on several Ubuntu machines now. No console errors are thrown.

Again, though the changes are quite minimal, I'd really like to share
this with the community and adopt the app as a C and Gtk+ learning
project to improve it further and perhaps even iron out some of the
parts needing fixing that PCMan mentions in the source.

If someone could point me in the right direction regarding getting the
code reviewed and (hopefully) committed, I would greatly appreciate
it.

Thanks,

Chris Harrington
ch...@harrington.jp