I am glad to announce the availability of the LyX 1.1.4fix1 patch. See
the information enclosed below. One notable missing fix in this patch
is for the bibtex problems mentionned on the lyx-devel list. I hope to
fix that soon.

JMarc

This is patch-1.1.4fix1, which should be applied to a fresh lyx 1.1.4
archive. The purpose of this patch is to provide some simple fixes to
LyX 1.1.4 to ease the wait until the next stable release. It is _not_
the purpose of this patch to add new features or somehow `branch' the
development of LyX (all the features provided by this patch are
already in main cvs). It should probably be applied to binary
distributions of LyX 1.1.4, since it offers better stability.

This should not be considered as an official LyX release, but rather
as an additional service to the LyX users community. All questions
specific to this patch should be directed to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

This patch fixes the following problems in LyX 1.1.4:

 - fix character \"{e} in latin1 encoding
 - fix problem when running latex on files which have accented
   characters in their names
 - add support for dvi previewers which do not support the -paper
   option (like yap on NT)
 - fix oneside/twoside options in Layout->Document
 - fix crash when trying to select a layout which does not exist