Hello again,

We have come a lot further in our rewriting to use more modern C++, it
seems that most compiler issues have been resolved so far.

Some huge internal changes has been made: switch to use C++ iostreams
all over. Much more use of std::containers. Several bugfixes.

Some code has been simplified.

There are no particular new features, but several minor ones:

        - better display of accented chars (needs some work)
        - possible to read _old_ tabular format. (albeit without
          format-info
        - don't continue scrolling after key has been released.
        - allow spaces around cursor so that editing and
          cut/paste/copy is more convenient. (This needs testing, but
          seems to work as it should.)

Even if 1.1.4pre2 is beginning to look stable it has a lot of code
that has not been tested throughly so you should be sure to make
backups of important documents before trying it out. Still we need
testers... please report all problems to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Get the prerelease at:

ftp://ftp.lyx.org/pub/lyx/devel/lyx-1.1.4.tar.gz
ftp://ftp.devel.lyx.org/pub/lyx/lyx-1.1.4.tar.gz

        Lgb