Public release of LyX version 2.0.0
===================================

We are proud to announce the public release of LyX 2.0.0.

With this release, LyX celebrates 15 years of existence, and we start
a new family of 2.x releases to acknowledge LyX's passing from a child
to an adult. We hope you will celebrate this anniversary with us.

LyX 2.0.0 is the culmination of two and half years of hard work. This
release begins a new series of 2.0.x which will incrementally improve its
stability as the time passes.

An overview of the new features can be found here:
  http://wiki.lyx.org/LyX/NewInLyX20

You can download LyX 2.0.0 from http://www.lyx.org/Download/ .

We hope you will enjoy the result!

The file RELEASE-NOTES lists some known issues and problems compared
to the current stable releases (LyX 1.6.x). We strongly recommend that
packagers of LyX on various platforms and distributions read this file.

As with any major release, this one comes with lot of new features but
also some bugs. If you think you have found a bug in LyX 2.0.0, either email
the LyX developers' mailing list (lyx-devel at lists.lyx.org), or open a bug
report at http://www.lyx.org/trac/wiki/BugTrackerHome .

If you have trouble using LyX or have a question, consult the
documentation that comes with LyX (under Help) and the LyX wiki, which you
will find at http://wiki.lyx.org/ . You can also send email to the LyX users'
list (lyx-users at lists.lyx.org).

The LyX team.
http://www.lyx.org