We are pleased to announce the release of LyX 2.1.5. This is the fifth
and final maintenance release in the 2.1.x series.

LyX 2.1.5 is the result of on-going efforts to make our stable version
even more reliable and stable. We have fixed a number of bugs and made a
number of improvements. Many of these were minor, but there were a few
crashes we fixed, too.These are detailed in the announcement
<http://www.lyx.org/announce/2_1_4.txt>.

Please note that this is the final release in the 2.1.x series. It is
intended for users who for some reason do not wish to upgrade to 2.2.x
at this time. We strongly encourage all such users to upgrade to this
version. Most users should upgrade to 2.2.0.

Note also that LyX 2.1.5 is the last release that will support Windows
Vista. This is due to the fact that the Windows releases in the 2.2.x
series require Qt 5.6, which is not available for Vista.

One of the main features of 2.1.5 is its ability to read and write files
in the 2.2.x format. Since the conversion process back and forth usually
will not leave one with an identical file, however, we do not recommend
attempting to collaborate with users of 2.2.x. We strongly encourage all
LyX users to upgrade to this version.

You can download the sources in tar.gz format
<ftp://ftp.lyx.org/pub/lyx/stable/2.1.x/lyx-2.1.5.tar.gz> (also tar.xz
<ftp://ftp.lyx.org/pub/lyx/stable/2.1.x/lyx-2.1.5.tar.xz>). There are
also some binaries <ftp://ftp.lyx.org/pub/lyx/bin/2.1.5/> available.