On 06/12/2016 23:48, Scott Kostyshak wrote:
On Tue, Dec 06, 2016 at 11:12:56PM +0100, Tommaso Cucinotta wrote:
Hi there,
I haven't seen this, and I use LyX 2.2 on Ubuntu daily. Which Qt version
are you using?

tommaso@tommylap:~$ ldd `which lyx` | grep -i qt
        libQtGui.so.4 => /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libQtGui.so.4
(0x00007fb5a7544000)
        libQtCore.so.4 => /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libQtCore.so.4
(0x00007fb5a7052000)

Also, forgot to mention that in the recompiled from master I don't see the
slowness,
but that's recompiled with Qt5.

The only thing I've noticed regarding slowness is that
starting up LyX with Qt 4 is snappier than with Qt 5.

I have actually a shutdown slowness problem as well, which affects also master,
in that,
when closing LyX (e.g., Alt+F4), the program stays there for ~2 secs before
actually
closing ... quite annoying while developing for the frequent start/quit cycles.

I'll try to profile later, unless others made progress on this already.

This would be good I think. Also, are you able to reproduce the slowness
with e.g. LyX 2.1 compiled with the same version of Qt? If not, then
maybe a git bisect would be worth it.

Thanks for the tips, I'll try a few of these alternative compilations when I
have some time.

        T.