>> I have two questions today, after examining the DocBook XML output
>> from the 2.2.x series.
>
>You might want to read http://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/7009

I see.

>I believe if someone competent told us (hint) what we are supposed
>to output, the patch to port docbook for something up-to-date would
>be actually pretty small.

Well, I think the only tricky bit for generating valid DocBook XML
from LyX has been the <bookinfo/> bits and author specification.
While I'm very comfortable with DocBook, I confess to being little
more than a sometime user of LyX.  I may be able to help and provide
some suggestions, but if I can produce valid DocBook XML 4.2 with
the export tool, that's great with me!

I think there would be a bit of work to switch the output routines
to produce a DocBook in the 5.x series, but I have only stumbled
across the two (minor) issues as a result of a recent resubmission
of documents to TLDP.

I cannot claim significant experience with DocBook 5.x.  I have a
bit more with DocBook 4.x and would be happy to advise if there are
pending questions.  I will trawl the lyx ticket queue.

Thank you again to all contributors for the LyX tool,

-Martin

--
Martin A. Brown
http://linux-ip.net/