Am Freitag, den 13.01.2017, 12:32 -0500 schrieb Richard Heck:
> On 01/13/2017 12:29 PM, PhilipPirrip wrote:
> > This is probably more of a general issue: when *master* is set to
> > use
> > biblatex, and a child hasn't been changed to use biblatex as well
> > but
> > uses, for example, natbib, two inconsistencies can happen:
> > 1) when child contains "Insert>...>Bibliography", it will have
> > \bibliographystyle and \bibliography commands, but will add the
> > correct
> > \addbibresource to the master. The solution would be to
> > automatically
> > switch the child to biblatex or at least warn the users of this
> > inconsistency on their side.
> > 2) child can have commands like \citeyearpar that will not be
> > recognized
> > by biblatex when the master document is compiled.
>
> I think I saw a recent commit that addressed this kind of problem.

Right. As I wrote you: please update to the most recent version (which
is in master meanwhile, not features/biblatex2!).

Please report back if this issue still persists.

> > I'm actually wondering if there's really need for child documents
> > to have
> > their own Document>Settings (their own preamble), independent of
> > the
> > master document's settings.
>
> This has been discussed many times. Being a child document isn't an
> intrinsic feature of a file. It could
> be a child of many different documents, and also sometimes be used on
> its own. I have many such files.

Such as beamer presentations, that could be children of beamer
handouts. Master/child is much more than book/chapters.

> That said, it wouldn't be terrible to have some option that meant:
> Always treat this document as a child,
> and do not attempt to use its own settings. But then it's not clear
> what
> that means if it isn't a child....

I am not sure what we will gain by this.

Thanks for testing!

Jürgen