On 19 January 2017 at 03:53, Pavel Sanda <sa...@lyx.org> wrote:

> Christian Ridderström wrote:
> > The Jenkins SW is capable of sending an e-mail, I just tested to two of
> my
> > e-mail addresses.
> > But to where should e-mails be sent - lyx-devel-list?
>
> I would think so, unless other people are not against it.

If we don't hear objections, let's go for this. We can change it if it
spams us.

> > I think the sender, ci-...@inria.fr, needs to be added to a list of
> > approved addresses or something.
>
> Can you receive mails from ci-...@inria.fr?

I don't know if its possible, nor how I'd read the answers :-(
I've googled a bit without luck. And I found a mailing list for Inria's CI
stuff, but it's in french - so something for Jean-Marc or Guillaume to look
at perhaps.

I have however (most likely) gotten the CI server (Jenkins) to send an
e-mail to lyx-devel-subscr...@lists.lyx.org, not that it helps us with by
itself.

For info: To send a test e-mail from the CI server, go to the bottom of
this page (you have to be logged in): https://ci.inria.fr/lyx/configure
In the menu system this corresponds to Jenkins / Manage Jenkins / Configure
System. Then it's under the heading of "E-mail notification" at the bottom.

Could someone perhaps ask Maté (?) if he can add ci-...@inria.fr to the
devel-list?

> If yes then just sent from that address email to
> lyx-devel-subscr...@lists.lyx.org
> and reply to the mail you get.
> From that point ci-...@inria.fr mails should be accepted.
> (I am not sure whether ci-...@inria.fr has to be used for envelope
> are just correct From: header is enough for our list, you have to try :)

I actually don't know how to forge the from header, maybe I should learn :-)
/Christian

--
Christian Ridderström,     +46-70 687 39 44