On Tue, Feb 21, 2017 at 12:46:14PM +0100, Jürgen Spitzmüller wrote:

> > But now fails also (which previously passed)
> >     301 - export/export/latex/arabic_simple_pdf4_systemF (Failed)
> >             Missing character: There is no ∗ in font
> > Scheherazade/OT:script=arab;language=DFLT;mapping=tex-text;!
> >     1771 - export/doc/ar/Intro_pdf4_systemF (Failed)
> >             Missing character: There is no ∗ in font
> > Scheherazade/OT:script=arab;language=DFLT;mapping=tex-text;!
>
> This is the star from the thanks footnote. Not sure what to do about
> that. AFAICS the fact that this works with xunicode is just a pure
> coincidence.

If you think your patch is a step forward, and these tests were just
passing by chance before, then in my opinion the correct way to proceed
is to apply your patch and invert these two tests. Can you perhaps add
some information on why you these two tests are expected to have
problems with xunicode? We can add this information where we invert the
tests. By adding comments in invertedTests file, we can easily see why
certain tests are inverted.

Scott