On 03/08/2017 06:13 AM, Irene Dinah Wen wrote:
Hi everyone,

I'm new to LaTeX/Lyx (LyX Version 2.2.2, Windows 10, installed in the last few weeks), and I'm having some issues with printing to PDF that was not addressed in the Introduction/Tutorials. (at least I did not find it)

(1) When I try viewing the introduction/tutorials as a PDF (Ctrl+R), an error occurs. I have not yet figured out what to do fix it. The same function works fine when I create a new document that only contains text (i.e. "Hello World!")

(2) When I tried adding a graphic (*.pdf) to the new document, it encountered the same PDF error until my friend updated my MikTeX packages. However, this has not solved the first issue.

We suspect it is a problem with outdated MikTeX packages, but we're not sure. Hopefully this report helps!

-Irene

P.S. Thanks for the awesome work!
Under the assumption that this was a result of missing (rather than outdated) MiKTeX packages, I filed a ticket (https://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/10591) suggesting that we document which LaTeX packages are required to compile each help document.

Regards,
Paul