Le 13/03/2017 à 21:16, Pavel Sanda a écrit :
Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
Here are new defaults discovered by coverity. Guillaume, I think that they
should all ring bells wrt your recent external modification code.

Btw since you were working on coverity bugs for a while now, how many
_real_ bugs have been found and what's the ratio to the cosmetical ones?

There are few real bugs. There have been several cases of code that was bad, although I could not turn it into a bug report. Among the lots of uninitialized variables that got reported, some have been known to create real bugs.

A good example of non-obvious report is this one: a2bfe004.

Just trying to get sense of real impact of that tool...

It is like warnings: you have to fix the 90% uninteresting ones to be able to see the ones you care about. In this sensegoing down to 0 (almost) defects would help us.