On 07/03/2017 05:26 AM, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> Since we are approaching major release, I think it is a good time to
> do some mechanical clean-ups. The idea is that it is better to do it
> now instead of at the beginning of a cycle in order to ease
> backporting of patches to stable.
>
> I have two things in mind:
>
> * renaming MathMacro (resp. MathMacroTemplate) to InsetMathMacro
> (resp. InsetMathMacroTemplate). These are insets, and therefore they
> should be named as insets. It helps understanding mathed sources IMO
> (I have been looking a lot at these files recently).
>
> * remove all trailing spaces in source code. This is something we
> should not have to do during normal code work. I am not sure though
> what a good tool would be to do that (although I am sure that emacs
> will not fail me :).
>
> As you can see, none of this is a "must do", but if you come up with
> other changes, we could discuss them too.

Yes, I think these are wise things to do.

Regarding the trailing spaces, I have just done it. Surely that is safe
enough. I've verified with 'git diff --ignore-space-at-eol' that only
such whitespace was changed.

These are the files that still have trailing whitespace:

frontends/qt4/Makefile.am
frontends/qt4/ui/CharacterUi.ui
frontends/qt4/ui/MarginsUi.ui
frontends/tests/test_biblio.cmake
support/AppleScript.m
support/AppleSpeller.m
support/linkback/LinkBack.m
support/linkback/LinkBackProxy.m
support/linkback/LinkBackServer.m
support/tests/supporttest.cmake
tests/regfiles/ExternalTransforms
tests/regfiles/Length
tex2lyx/test/CJK.lyx.lyx
tex2lyx/test/CJK.tex
tex2lyx/test/CJKutf8.lyx.lyx
tex2lyx/test/CJKutf8.tex
tex2lyx/test/DummyDocument.lyx.lyx
tex2lyx/test/Dummy~Document.lyx.lyx
tex2lyx/test/XeTeX-polyglossia.lyx.lyx
tex2lyx/test/algo2e.lyx.lyx
tex2lyx/test/algo2e.tex
tex2lyx/test/box-color-size-space-align.lyx.lyx
tex2lyx/test/box-color-size-space-align.tex
tex2lyx/test/foo.png
tex2lyx/test/test-insets-basic.lyx.lyx
tex2lyx/test/test-insets-basic.tex
tex2lyx/test/test-insets.lyx.lyx
tex2lyx/test/test-insets.tex
tex2lyx/test/test-minted.lyx.lyx
tex2lyx/test/test-minted.tex
tex2lyx/test/test-modules.lyx.lyx
tex2lyx/test/test-refstyle-theorems.lyx.lyx
tex2lyx/test/test-structure.lyx.lyx
tex2lyx/test/test-structure.tex
tex2lyx/test/test.lyx.lyx
tex2lyx/test/verbatim.lyx.lyx
tex2lyx/test/xfigtest.fig
tex2lyx/test/xfigtest.pstex
tex2lyx/tex2lyx.1in

I'm not sure which if any of these can or should be changed. Probably
not the files in tex2lyx/test/.

Richard

PS From src/:
    perl -pe 's/\s+\n$/\n/' $(find ./ -type f -name '*.cpp')
and similarly for other file types.