Hi,
I am struggling on the best install directory for our tex files.
ATM, automake installs them for unix at lyx-system-dir/tex.
But this dir is not part of the list 'kpsepath tex'.
If a new user starts lyx, he/she has either set the environment TEXINPUTS
or expand the path in preferences.

Under cmake we add the data to "/usr/(local/)?share/texmf/tex/latex/lyx2.3",
but that requires that this directory is used by kpsepath. Which is not the case
if using texlive from CTAN.
The situation is not better than the one from automake.

So, from my POV, I'd prefer if lyx be able to add its own path to TEXINPUTS or
set the default in lyxrc.texinputs_prefix from "." to ".:system-dir/tex"

What do others think?

        Kornel