On 2017-07-18, Kornel Benko wrote:

> there is also error with the system font 'FreeSerif,FreeSans,FreeMono'
> when exporting to PDF(luatex)

>  !Package varioref Error: \vref at page boundary 14-15 (may loop).

>       See the varioref package documentation for explanation.
>       Type  H <return>  for immediate help.

>       l.810 ...t\ \vref{Literaturverzeichnisse-mit-BibTeX}

>       Please check the pages in question. You might need to replace the \vref
>       or \vpageref by a normal \(page)ref to stop LaTeX running forever.

> Changing the font to say Dejavu, the error disappears. Also inserting a line
> for instance before paragraph 3.1.2 cures the compilation.

This is a rare running-condition that depends on the selected font (because
this influences page-breaks).

> 1.) Should we do anything here? Or is the user on its own if he/she
> gets such a message?

Generally, the user is on its own when seeing such a message - we cannot
predict it from within LyX.

In the given case, it does not appear with the original fonts as defined
in the documentation file, only when replacing them with FreeSerif
(either in a script or in the document).

We could define DejaVu in the document (to solve the \textcompwordmark error)
or try a different wording in the sentence containing the offending \vref.

Günter